Cascading Style Sheets:
- It is the way to present HTML document as per the endusers requirements.
- Here cascading means inheriting the features from parent to child.
- Style means collection of specially designed formats like color, font, backgrounds, layouts, animations, variants , text transformations etc.
- It is the separate from HTML5 with the extension of .CSS.
What is CSS ?
CSS Satisfying the following points.
- CSS we can integrated with HTML, PHP, Java Script, ASP etc.
- Cascading means inheriting the features.
- Stylesheet means group of styles.
- It is used to add more effects to HTML5.
- Styles generally storing in style sheets.
- CSS is a kind of language used for describing the presentation semantics of a document.
- CSS main approach to provide more styles to the web documents.
As per W3C recommendation the following versions are in the industry.
- CSS1.0 (dec 1996)
- CSS2.0 (May 1998)
- CSS3.0 (Jun 1999)
(Here i am not going to discuss about CSS1.0 and CSS2.0. So lets starts about CSS3.0)
* Advantages of CSS :-
- Codes rendering.
- Powerful designing
- Types of style sheets
- Easy syntax etc..